Thursdays & Saturdays
September 12th - October 19th
Travel through forests, over rivers and streams, seeing all the beautiful fall colors of the Adirondacks from comfortable, climate-controlled coaches. A fun-filled outing for people of all ages! Check out our Utica Rail & Cruise package to include a cruise during your layover!
This trip is handicapped accessible; however, our shuttle bus from Thendara Station to downtown Old Forge is not.
Departing from Holland Patent, Remsen, or Forestport? Call toll-free for reservations 1-800-819-2291.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q: Where is Thendara?
- A: Thendara, NY is a small town located a mile south of Old Forge, NY.
- Q: How long is the layover?
A: The layover is 4 hours. During which you're welcomed to use our shuttle service that makes serveral stops around Old Forge, and will bring you back in time to catch the train returning to Utica.
- Q: Will the train be hot/cold?
- A: The train is climate controlled, so you should be comfortable. In the summer and on nice fall days, there will be an open-air car on the end of the train so you can feel the breeze if the weather is nice!
- Q: Is there food on the train?
- A: Our train is equipped with a café car and concessions are available for purchase. Passengers are welcome to bring a small cooler with food and beverages for the day but are not permitted to bring alcohol on the train. Beer and wine are available for purchase in the café car.
- Q: Can we switch days?
- A: Reservations may only be switched to a different day, subject to availability. Please be advised that many of our trips do sell out.